Monday, October 6, 2008

My Best and Worst Calls of Week 5

Sunday was interesting to say the least. I don't know of anyone who projected 2 touchdowns for Isaac Bruce. Kyle Orton led all QBs with 334 yards. DeAngelo Williams exploded for 3 touchdowns after being outproduced by Jonathan Stewart the first 4 weeks. I had some bad calls and some good calls, but overall I feel I had a decent week.


Bad Calls:
"Start Jon Kitna" - My worst call of the week. Chicago had been getting torched in the air and Kitna has had their number the last few meetings. Not this time, though. He went 8-of-16 for 74 yards before leaving the game with back spasms. In my defense, his day could have been saved in garbage time if he had remained in the game.

"Sit Randy Moss and Donald Driver" - Neither receiver had shown much prior to the week. Both scored long touchdowns.

Good Calls:
"Start Peyton Manning" - "Look for him to have more time to get the ball downfield to his receivers and put up multiple touchdowns against a soft Houston defense." 247 yards and 2 touchdowns.

"Sit Matt Hasselbeck and Deion Branch" - Hasselbeck had 105 yards and a pick before leaving the game due to injury and Branch had 31 yards before doing the same.

"Sit Jason Campbell" - My call of the week, I was dead-on with this one: "Campbell has been great thus far and looks to be grasping Zorn's west coast offense well. He faces a tough Philly defense this week, however, and they have the speed to cover the short routes that Campbell depends on to open up the long ball. Clinton Portis matches up better against the Eagles because he will break plenty of tackles against undersized defensive players." Santana Moss was blanketed all day and was only thrown to twice.


Some notes on Sunday:
Clinton Portis is a top-5 back. He's torn apart two of the best defenses in back-to-back contests. He's running very strong right now in an offense that has begun to find their identity and only injury will be able to slow him.

The Falcons will ride Michael Turner. He's 3rd in carries behind the aforementioned Clinton Portis and Chicago rookie Matt Forte. The falcons understand that their best shot at winning games is through Turner.

The Bengals and Colts can't defend the run. 250 yards and 3 TDs given up between them this week on the ground. Continue to start your running backs against them.

8 comments:

lolli said...

Some time ago that I was coming to your blog and I must say it is still
so interesting!
Voyance

Alain said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
Bateau occasion , voyante Paris

gtggt said...

Great post and now I know what to do, thank you! Actually this Blog post helped me a lot. I hope you continue writing about this kind of entry.
Voyance gratuite immediate

vrai said...

That is quite surprising... I have never heard of that before reading your post!
It makes me quite puzzled and angry too!
horoscope

prettycat said...

Great, This is really amazing page, here, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts, I will definitely share this article to my friends out there.
voyance mail gratuite

Unknown said...


I enjoyed your blog and congratulations for what you have written .. see you soon

Avenir amour

Unknown said...

You have no idea about my appreciation to your blog.I'm really impressed everytime i came here.
voyance gratuite par mail

Sovania said...

These posts are really good and definitely beneficial. Great stuff from this part of the internet. This is the best weblog for anyone who wants to know about this subject.
tarot gratuit , voyance gratuite